Monday 19 March 2012

Just a little note from Me to You


I’ve decided to take a little moment to do a follow up post that centres on the mission of my blog, and reminds you all of what I hope to achieve through it. As you can see from the ‘story’ section, the whole point of my ‘White Balloon’ campaign is to raise people’s awareness of how fashion can (and is) linking with charity. The bottom line is – I like to help people. I truly believe that this is my life’s calling... it’s one of the few things, along with writing, that makes my heart soar. And so I see this as a strong part of my future. 

I have decided to use my final degree project to explore and promote this as much as I possibly can. I’m really hoping to raise lots of money for some great causes in the process, and hope to encourage you all to do the same, while having a lot of fun along the way. I believe that this campaign is something very unique, and something that might even ending up hopefully changing the world a little for the better, someday (Yeah, I like to dream BIG).

Recently, I’ve found myself pondering about how a lot of the time, we seem to waste our words... and we waste our moments. We fall short of being the people who we were meant to blossom into. And it’s a damn shame. I’m really conscious of the fact that waking up each day is a blessing in itself; so each day I try to make it count. Accomplish something. No regrets.

A wise lady recently told me not to worry about the ones who say you’re weird, who call you names and push you down. Don’t worry about those who try to tell you you can’t do something, because the truth is that you CAN. You can be anything that you want to be. The ones who push you down, and try to break you... well they only do it because they themselves are already broken. Keep your head held high. And shoot for the MOON. BELIEVE in the power of your own voice and your passion. Don’t waste time waiting so long to start using your platform out of fear that you won’t be able to make a difference. Because, trust me, you WILL. 

Why you? Because there’s no one better.

Why now? Because, my friends, tomorrow just isn’t soon enough.

So join me in this venture, and let us be MORE splendid, and MORE extraordinary, and use each and every moment we get to fill ourselves UP

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to each and every one of you who is following and reading – this makes you a part of something that means so much more to me, and the greater good, than you know... 


No comments:

Post a Comment